If you live in a part of the country where winters are cold, then investing in a heating system that can heat your home efficiently should be at the top of your list of priorities. This is especially important if you’re tired of paying heating bills that seem to just grow larger and larger month after month. Investing in an energy-efficient heating system is a smart move for many reasons, especially if you have concerns about how your current system is holding up. Here’s how you can benefit by installing a more efficient heating system in your home:
1. Cut your monthly costs: There’s no question that investing in a new heating system can be expensive. However, a high-efficiency system could easily pay for itself within a few years due to the annual savings on heating costs. Some of the newer systems have been known to lower monthly heating bills by 30%, or $20-$50. Over a typical winter that translates into $100-$300 in savings.
2. Help protect the environment and leave a smaller carbon footprint: If you’re concerned about how your home’s energy use impacts the environment, you’ll be pleased to hear that high-efficiency systems use around one-third of the fuel as their predecessors. They actually conserve natural resources and are more environmentally-friendly since they have lower carbon dioxide emissions. You might even be able to take advantage of tax credits.
3. Require fewer repairs: Updated heating systems are more user-friendly and could potentially reduce the amount of maintenance calls you’ll have to make. And less maintenance means more savings for you. If properly cared for, a high-efficiency heating system should only require an annual tune up.
4. Increase your home’s value: With an up-to-date high-efficiency heating system, you could see an increase in your property’s value. You might not be thinking about selling your home, but it’s worth knowing that if selling ever does enter your plans, buyers will pay a premium for a home that’s modern with efficient features, such a high-efficiency heating system.
5. Enjoy comfortable temperatures in your home with better heat distribution: You’ll experience a more consistent delivery of warm air throughout your home. This will result in fewer complaints from family members about certain rooms feeling colder than others. New systems will distribute heat better throughout your house, and you should notice that you have better control on temperatures with consistent airflow throughout your home.
Tired of maintaining an old out-of-date furnace? Are you ready to save money and help the environment? If you answered yes, then it may be time to invest and upgrade to a high-efficiency heating system.